1 June 2020
HMRC has published its latest advisory fuel rates, which come into effect for company car users from 1 June 2020.
Here is a summary of the changes since the last rates were published on 1 March 2020:
- Rates for petrol and LPG engines of 1400cc or less down by 2p to 10p and 6p per mile respectively
- Petrol and LPG rates for 1401cc to 2000cc engines down by 2p to 12p and 8p per mile respectively
- Rates for petrol and LPG engines of over 2000cc down by 3p to 17p and 11p per mile respectively
- Rates for diesel engines of 1600cc or less down by 1p to 8p per mile
- Diesel rates for 1601 to 2000cc engines down by 2p to 9p per mile
- Rates for diesel engines of over 2000cc down by 1p to 12p per mile
- Rates for fully electric engines are unchanged at 4p per mile
Advisory Fuel Rates for Petrol and LPG
|Engine size||Petrol – amount per mile||LPG – amount per mile|
|1400cc or less||10p||6p|
|1401cc to 2000cc||12p||8p|
Advisory Fuel Rates for Diesel
|Engine size||Diesel – amount per mile|
|1600cc or less||8p|
|1601cc to 2000cc||9p|
Advisory Electricity Rate
The Advisory Electricity Rate for fully electric cars is 4p per mile.
The previous rates can be used for up to one month from the date the new rates apply. The next advisory fuel rate review will take place on 1 September 2020.