5 July 2021
Role title: Accountancy Apprentice
Training provider: First Intuition
We are searching for an Accountancy Apprentice to join our team, based in our Southend practice. This Level 3 Apprenticeship is the first step on a career which has no limit beyond your own ability and ambition. This is your chance to develop a career in one of the most respected professions. Success at Level 3 may lead to a further training contract, but this is based on success in both the academic part of the apprenticeship and in the workplace.
Our clients rely on us to provide a timely, accurate and efficient bookkeeping and management reporting function on client specific levels.
So, this role requires a proactive apprentice who can put their clients first, helping maintain their VAT records and aiding them in their obligation to maintain books and reacords.
The successful candidate will work with others to fulfil obligations to clients within time deadlines using software designed for the purpose and carry out other duties that are required from time to time.
As part of the training process, the apprentice will be required to attend the designated training provider for the purpose of achieving AAT level 3.
Key duties in this role include:
- Learning and utilising the following bookkeeping software: QuickBooks Online, Xero and Sage as appropriate to individual clients.
- Recording client transaction, bank and cash transaction, sales and purchases.
- Reconciling control accounts as outlined by your line manager.
- Liaising with clients and colleagues as required under the guidance of your line manager.
- Monitoring the supplier and customer ledger as instructed and reporting to your line manager or others as instructed.
- Running reports and preparing VAT returns as instructed.
- Bringing to the immediate attention of your line manager any matter which may have an ethical concern, including but not limited to money laundering regulations.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have a strong willingness to learn. You will have a minimum of five GCSEs grade 4-9 ( or at A – C in the old system).
The closing date for the Accountancy Apprentice role is 30th July 2021.
About TBL Accountants
TBL Accountants is a firm of chartered certified accountants, providing effective accountancy, VAT advice, business consultancy and more to businesses and individuals across Essex. The firm is licenced for Audit work and undertakes various assignments of a regulatory nature. We are dedicated to the training and development of staff and maintaining a reputation of a quality service provision to clients.
How to apply
Interested in applying for this apprenticeship? Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter. We look forward to receiving your application.