23 January 2020
Job title: Senior Accounts / Audit
Department: Audit and Accounts
Reports to: Management
We are searching for a Newly or Part Qualified Accountant to join our team, based in our Southend practice. This is a role that offers great career development potential in a leading chartered certified accountancy firm.
The key objective of this role is to prepare high-quality audit and accounts files and to do so within budget, as well as assist in the ongoing development of the staff of a more junior level and to contribute to discussions of the development of the Practice overall.
The candidate will act as assignment lead on Audit assignments to Partner level, preparing audit and regulatory files for the initial planning meeting, supervising staff on assignment and finalising files for Manager review. Accounts element of the role will amount to the completion of accounts work assigned to include supporting of staff in the office and providing staff with on the job training and support.
Key duties in this role include:
- Assisting clients with day-to-day enquiries.
- Arrange pre-audit letters and bank letters prior to the start of an audit.
- Prepare and plan the audit based on the client’s draft accounts.
- Arrange an audit planning meeting for all members of the audit team have a good briefing of the task in hand and for what is required of them.
- Carry out the audit either at the client’s premises or in the office. Ensure that all queries or concerns are raised with the client during the assignment and within the agreed timetable.
- Once the audit fieldwork is complete, the audit file needs to be pulled together ready for the final audit meeting.
- At the audit meeting, all errors and areas of weakness are discussed with the client
- For accounts assignments, preparing and reviewing the work of and any matters and dealing with staff training as needs dictate. Once the review is completed, a disclosure checklist is completed to ensure that accounts are in accordance with FRS102 framework.
- Assist in the workflow management of team members
- To undergo and complete ICAEW / ACCA examinations where necessary.
The ideal candidate
The candidate will be part qualified or newly qualified ACA or ACCA, be comfortable with client contact, and ultimately aspire to reach a manager role as a development target. Ideally, you will have 4 years’ minimum experience, with some prior exposure to audit.
About TBL Accountants
TBL Accountants is a firm of chartered certified accountants, providing effective accountancy, VAT advice, business consultancy and more to businesses and individuals across Essex. Thanks to our successful partnership with First Call Accounting in 2019, our team has grown, and we now have offices based in Southend and Billericay. The firm is licenced for Audit work and undertakes various assignments of a regulatory nature. We are dedicated to the training and development of staff and maintaining a reputation of a quality service provision to clients.
How to apply
Interested in applying for this role? Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Senior Accounts Application” with your CV and covering letter. We look forward to receiving your application.